The role of Council is to listen to the community, work hard to understand the issues and identify solutions and ensure that decision-making is in the best interests of our City. I have worked diligently, and enthusiastically, to meet those expectations over my years on Council.
Working for you!
Vote for Proven Leadership!
Diana has led numerous initiatives during her time on Council, including:
- Co-leading the Affordable Housing Task Force resulting in numerous new policies
- Creating a renewed Affordable Housing Strategy
- Developing a long-term Strategic Tourism Plan
- Creating a new Economic Development Manager position in City Hall
- Championing for the Farmers Market in Port Moody
- Leading the development of the City’s original Sustainability Plan
- Working to reduce red-tape regionally with an inter-municipal business license
- Chairing the initiative for Port Moody becoming the first in BC to ban cosmetic pesticides
A Voice for you!
Diana gets things done for our community!
A Voice for Local Business
Diana established the Spike Awards recognizing building excellence
A Voice for Sports
To support our athletes, Diana created the City’s Sports Hall of Fame
A Voice for Community Organizations
Recognizing the need for a healing space, Diana advocated for Crossroads Hospice to build a labyrinth
A Voice for Public Safety
Diana was the first Port Moody elected official to participate Fire Operations 101, spending a day in the boots of a firefighter.
A Voice for the Arts
Recognizing the City’s Centennial celebrations, Diana brought back a community parade