Diana's Professional background
I have the experience, knowledge and history to contribute to the continued good governance of our community.
A trusted champion for good governance.
Having served six terms on Port Moody City Council, I have the experience, knowledge and history to contribute to the good governance of our community. My diverse background includes over 30 years in government, private sector and non-profit organizations as well as running my own home-based business. I believe this helps bring a unique, well-rounded perspective to the role of City Councillor.
- As a nine-year employee of the Federal Government, I learned how government systems and bureaucracies work and how we can work together to remove red tape./li>
- As the owner of a home-based business consulting and contracting business for six years, I have insight into the challenges facing entrepreneurs and issues facing municipal operations.
- As a manager of operations for the non-profit Fraser Basin Council, I became a passionate voice for sustainability in all its forms - environmental, economic, social and cultural
- As a communications professional with Pacific Coast Terminals for 5 years, I closely engaged with residents during a time of expansion at the local facility and learned more about how we balance industry while meeting the needs of our communities.
- Currently I work with the BC Non-Profit Housing Association, helping elected officials at all levels of government, to better understand the issues of housing and affordability within their constituencies and how to support policy decisions to address the crisis that we currently face.
As a graduate of Capilano University with a certificate in Local Government Administration, I have gained an academic perspective and in-depth understanding of best practices in local government operations.
As a life-long learner, I attend workshops and conferences related to enhancing my understanding of issues related to municipal government and I am pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration in my spare time. I believe strongly that we can never stop learning about best management practices in municipal government and how to improve operations and services to our residents.Learn more about Diana